The PEAK LED-UV™ Architecture
While other manufacturers still downplay the readiness of UV LED curing, the PEAK LED-UV™ XP (eXtendable Profile) system architecture from AMS delivers revolutionary high-power LED UV curing AVAILABLE TODAY in a compact, solid-state device at a fraction of the energy costs and complexity of conventional arc-lamp UV systems.
- High intensity, pure, uniform LED UV curing energy delivered to work surfaces at distances up to 4 inches (100 mm) away.
- As much as 80% energy reduction compared to today’s high-power mercury UV and High Wavelength-type UV arc lamp systems.
- Instant ON/OFF digital control of the lamp module eliminates warm-up time, and saves hundreds of hours annually.
- No infrared or convention heat is emitted from the LED light source which protects the press and elminates substrate issues.
- Up to 20,000 hours and beyond from the LED UV chip diodes eliminates curing degradation and obviates the need for replacement bulbs.
- High quality, solid-state, extruded aluminum design virtually eliminates costly downtime and maintenance.
- Compact system footprint with flexible driver options eliminates the need for invasive rows of power cabinets, controls, blowers and ducting.
- Small, scalable, interchangeable UV LED curing modules are designed to integrate easily into all OEM equipment.
- Multi-wavelength options allows choice and even blending of wavelengths from 365, 375, 385, 390 and 395nm
PEAK LED-UV™ XP Series™ | High Power UV LED Curing Modules
Our patent-pending XP Series are proven, flexible LED UV lamp modules that deliver HIGH-INTENSITY UV LED curing energy from a compact, solid-state device at a fraction of the energy costs and complexity of a standard UV system.
XP Series™ Advantages
The PEAK LED-UV XP Series System brings revolutionary high-power UV LED curing in a compact, solid-state device for curing printing inks, coatings and adhesives with significant advantages compared to mercury ARC UV lamps and array-based UV LED alternatives.
- Small, scalable, aluminum module is designed to integrate easily into all equipment, from new OEM machines to retrofits
- Collimated UV LED optics for uniform delivery at the industry’s highest intensity from the closest ranges of just 5-10mm to up to 150mm (6-in) away
- Solid-state, liquid-cooled design with no moving parts that might lead to costly downtime and maintenance
- Power classes from 4W/cm2 to 16W/cm2 available via watt densities capable of meeting the widest range of curing applications
- Robust two-phase cooling system exceeds industry specifications for semiconductor thermal management and enhances chip performance and life
- Segmented irradiation output available at user-defined curing sections matches to the process width and saves additional energy
- Lifetime of 20,000 hours and beyond from the chip diodes eliminates frequent bulb replacement and provides unprecedented curing consistency
- Military-grade electrical interconnects ensure the highest industrial quality and system integrity under continuous use in any environment
- On-board temperature safety switches combine with optional external Cool Safe monitors for the highest level of thermal protection redundancy
- Individually replaceable LED chip diodes provide assurance of system uptime and complete upgradeability
- Compact power and control drivers available to meet all emitting widths, voltages, power classes and system control features
- CE, UL and RoHS conformance to meet all standard safety declarations and requirements
UV LED Offers Amazingly Compact Power Choices. So Does AMS.
AMS provides multiple LED Power and Control offerings that depend on the production and process requirements intended for the LED UV curing system.
From our highest level GL control system with full segmentation and rich system diagnosis and feedback, to our programmable LC and basic SC control options with automatic or manual control ability, we have you covered.
AMS power and control choices are designed to fit a number of application scenarios ranging from single to multi-lamp sheetfed, single to multi-lamp web, narrow web, inkjet and others.